Mother's milk and the Words of Jesus
This is the true story of the revelation from God that inspired this mission.
Following a business setback in Clearwater Florida at age 40 in 1978 that wiped out 10 years of hard work my soul was asking God...what's going on here? I was led by the Spirit to read and study and think about the words of Jesus. This search for truth went on for several months. Finally one night I prayed to God to answer me just one question – are the words of Jesus really as important as He said they were?
The following morning I received a dream from God in answer to my prayer. Jim LeBeau
I awoke with my hands high above my head. I just had the most wonderful dream. I was given a multiple choice problem to solve. At the top were the words MOTHER and BABY. Below were several choices that I was to choose from that would go with or complete those two words.
In my dream...in my mind...I searched for the right words to solve the problem. I did not find the answer. The answer was given to me. Suddenly like a bolt of lightning the answer was seared into my soul...MOTHER'S MILK. These were not my words. They were given to me.
I awoke with my hands stretched high above my head. I was in a state of ecstasy...bliss...a peace that far surpasses understanding...whatever you want to call it. After waking up I lay still for 10 or 15 minutes just enjoying the afterglow. I thought to myself...if heaven is like this it's wonderful! Before 1978 I never had one dream experience like the above nor any since. I have never woke up with my hands stretched high above my head except during the year 1978.
Pondering my dream - several days went by. The accountant for my business who shared an office happened "by coincidence" to give me a copy of his church bulletin. I glanced through it...still thinking about my dream.
Suddenly some words really grabbed my attention. My heart took a leap. It was a quote from 1 Peter 2:2...
"As newborn babies desire the sincere MILK OF THE WORD that you may grow thereby ".
This is called "confirmation". When you think you received a message from God the Holy Spirit doesn't leave you wondering. When scripture confirms a dream that you think came from God, then you know it came from God. Other parts of Peter's first letter explain the importance of "incorruptible seed" referring to the Word of Christ.
Imagine how I felt to realize that the words of Jesus were as important to my spiritual life as mother's milk is to a newborn baby! Seeing the benefits of breast feeding with two daughters of my own I understood on a personal level the importance of mother's milk, maternal/infant bonding, and all that goes with a healthy mother/infant relationship. It also made sense that a society that does not appreciate mother's milk would also not understand The Compassionate Christ.
Later I realized that the words that come out of our mouths are a major clue to understand ourselves and others including Jesus. Jesus explained this. He said our words reflect our nature and show who we are since...
"Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks".
Obviously the word of Christ would tell us how the "mind of Christ" works.
My soul still reverberates from that dream. Since that day my mind and heart have been focused on one thing...understanding Jesus better by His word. The reverberations from that dream continue to this day and will continue for as long as I live - and that is forever since -
"He that lives and believes in me will never die".
FAST FORWARD TO 2012
It has taken me 33 years to learn how to explain some things related to "The Word". Here is an update.
- There is power in "The Word". It is spiritual power because it works on the inside of our minds and hearts. Since God has the "inside track" on life we can only tap that power by an inside journey or path. In life trials and troubles stretch our souls every which way. We are lost, disillusioned, and confused until we find an inner Source of sureness and strength that leads to higher ground. This is where "The Word" saves us. It becomes the very Foundation upon which our being - our souls - rest.
"The flesh profits nothing. It is the SPIRIT that gives life".
The words I speak to you - they are spirit - they are life".
- It is important to focus on the true and the perfect in our inside journeys - our prayers and meditations. We are and become what we think about. Make Christ and His word the focus of your thought and with time and patience you become an "alter Christus" - Latin for "another Christ".
"Ask and you shall receive; seek and you shall find;
knock and it shall be opened to you".
- There is a physical parallel to all things spiritual. For "The word" one physical parrallel is "mother's milk". Every mammal has its "mother's milk". We humans are the only ones who throw it out the window. We substitute a bottle and a "formula" just as we put the human brain above the Power that made the human brain in many ways involving chemicals and chemistry, genetic engineering, how food is grown, how the sick are healed etc. Human arrogance knows no limits. It is like a grain of sand pretending to be the big man on the beach - or a drop of water telling the ocean "I'm in charge here". When the human brain puts itself above the Power that made the human brain all things healthy go out the window.
"I would have mercy (compassion) not sacrifice".
- All babies of all species receive mother's milk. They don't question it. They don't dissect it. They don't slice and dice it. They don't "interpret" it. They just receive it and the love that goes with it. "If so you have tasted that the Lord is sweet" (1Peter2:4).
"He that rejects me and does not RECEIVE My word has one that judges him;
the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day". (John 12:48)
- To think that God does not have a plan for human wholeness at the physical level goes against Genesis 1:31, Job 38 and 39, the Psalms, common sense if "God is love" , and just about every page of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John where the sick are healed over and over. Imagine God having a support system for the "birds of the air" and "lilies of the field" yet not doing the same for His own children. God must know something about health since he created life. So would the Son with Whom He is one..."O you of little faith". "Lo - the very hairs on your head are all numbered".
- If God has a support system for human wholeness how does it work? Who is responsible for teaching it? You might measure the spiritual level of a society by how it feeds its babies, and adults too. How can you make healthy babies if you don't have healthy mothers and fathers? How can you have healthy mothers and fathers without a healthy organic food supply? How can you have a support system not messed up by human hands if you don't have a gospel not messed up by human minds ("incorruptible seed")?
"Inasmuch as you did it (or did it not) to one of the least of these,
you did it (or did it not) to me".
"Let little children come to Me and forbid them not,
for of such is the Kingdom of God".
- the process of being "born again" or renewed or sanctified or made whole or healed or made holy is first of all a process...
"And so is the Kingdom of God, as if a man should cast seed into the ground, and should sleep, and rise night and day, and the seed should spring and grow up, he knows not how........." (see Mark 4:26-29 for the complete quote - and for a more complete understanding read all the "seed parables" and the comparison of the Kingdom of God to a woman putting yeast to work in "three measures of meal, until the whole is leavened").
- In time and with patience and persistence the "incorruptible seed" changes human consciousness like water into wine - salting the soul. Call it "conversion" or "transformed in the renewal of your minds" or whatever you want. You are then a "new creature in Christ" and you have the "mind of Christ". God, the gardener, through His Spirit arranges all details for a perfect growth experience for those who receive "The Word". The end result over time is the experience of being "complete in Him" - the "fullness" or wholeness of Christ...
And of his FULLNESS have we all received, and grace for grace" (John1:16)
- Followers of Jesus who RECEIVE His word are under the umbrella wing of His protection. They live by faith and not by sight.
"O Jerusalem Jerusalem - how often would I have gathered your children together,
as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you would not".
- Christian leaders who submit their authority to HIS WORD are also under the umbrella wing of His love and protection. Those who put their own authority above His Word are under the "law" (Romans). A common mistake is to forget that the "Word of Christ" came before the words of Paul and the "milk of the Word" came before the "meat" of the Word. Giving a baby meat before milk - you're asking for big trouble.
"By their fruits (words, actions) you shall know them" - of course.
- When there are a lot of sick things going on that defy a simple explanation it is wise to look at the ROOT level for the problem. Get to the bottom of things. If you don't like the "fruit" check the seed. What was planted? Was respect for creation planted along with respect for the Creator? Maybe not. An important tip to understand Jesus is that His gospel is an "all" and "all things" gospel. It touches all things wholly. It includes "whole" (healing) and "wholeness" concepts. Miss something and you have a nutritional deficiency at the spiritual level. That always translates into pain and tears at the physical level.
"A tree is known by its fruits".
- Followers of Jesus have a religious obligation to challenge the "system" when necessary.
"Either make the tree good and its fruit good
or make the tree corrupt and its fruit corrupt".
- Using the body as a stepping stone to higher level things is an ancient spiritual concept lost in modern life. This is where ideas like "fasting and praying" come in so we don't have ears that are "dull of hearing" and be among those Jesus was speaking of with "their eyes, they have closed". Learning to listen to your body is a first step to learn to listen to God. This means getting in touch with the mind that runs your body. The "sub" in subconscious should really be called SUPER because to manage 50 trillion cells along with organs and systems second by second is so far beyond anything we can understand that the very thought should humble us to our knees. It is the power of God at work. What other power qualifies? If we had to keep track of when a heart should beat and when glands should produce hormones and a trillion times a trillion more details we would all be dead in five minutes.
There are many more tricks to sharpening spiritual senses but right now just ask yourself one question. How can you expect to have a healthy intuition for your soul that you cannot see if you don't have a healthy intuition for your body that you can see? Helping you develop a healthy intuition for both is the idea behind Body Balancing Kits described on this website.
The blessings of learning to master your health are twofold. First, there is a chance to "heal thyself" and make life SUPER right now by staying healthy into a ripe old age instead of being a victim of the popular diseases going around. Second, the disciplines needed to master health at the physical level are the same disciplines needed to master life at at the spiritual level. Sages and saints of all ages have understood this.
If you truly understand the above you will want to get on a pathway to wholeness before the sun goes down even one more day on your dreams of a more perfect life.
"Be perfect therefore, even as your heavenly Father is perfect".
SUMMARY: Of course this is not the whole story but it covers some points that you might have missed from other sources. Those who go on the "path" will experience the Spirit of Christ unfolding and growing within themselves just as a seed planted in the ground experiences germination, sprouting, forming stalks and vines and flowers, and producing fruit containing seed after its own kind in the fall season of life 30, 50, 100 times over.
As with all growing things there are growing pains. It is important to always keep your eye on the grand prize, the "pearl of great value".
One of the things that will happen as you grow in Christ is that you will become more and more aware of, and sensitive to, the beauty and wonders of creation including your own body "temple". A song from a bird might set your heart aflutter as will a baby's smile. You might gasp in amazement at the intracies of a flower, or just a dandelion, a leaf, or a blade of grass. You will give your body "temple" more respect by taking better care of it. You will shout with joy looking at the wonder of the stars at night as you feel in your soul the thunder of eternal stillness, power, and love coming your way from the heavens.
At the same time you will also become less and less tolerant of insults to life - pesticides that kill birds and bees; bad nutrition and bad public policies that mess up bodies and minds of babies and children; all chemicals that kill things; genetic modification of the human food supply which is another way of saying that God doesn't know what He is doing; suppression of the use of natural elements and natural biomolecules in the treatment of disease; farming methods that poison rivers and oceans and are cruel to animals...and so on.
"The earth is the Lord's and the FULLNESS thereof".
THE WONDER OF IT ALL
Put yourself in God's shoes. You want to save your lost children. You want to get the family back together. You send your only begotten Son Who shows, by word and deed, the meaning of love. He also explains truth and love.
2000 years go by. One afflicted child asks for clarification on "The Word" in a world where a lot of people are saying "Lord Lord" or "Jesus Jesus" but there is disrespect for what God made and much confusion about the meaning of what His beloved Son said.
What does God do? He sends a message that covers all the bases using only three words: "MOTHER" - "BABY" - "MOTHER'S MILK". With just three words He sends guidance from heaven that in real time has the power to heal our lives in all dimensions of our experience both now and for ultimate salvation.
"Feed My lambs; feed My sheep; feed My sheep".
That God of ours - what a Wonder!